Ace Telugu director Gunasekhar’s period film ‘Rudrama Devi’, with popular heroine Anushka Shetty in the lead role, would get entertainment tax exemption in Telangana.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said this when Gunasekhar and top Telugu producer ‘Dil’ Raju and others called on him, a release from the CMO said.
The decision was taken as per the government’s policy to promote films showcasing Telangana history and culture, it said.
Gunasekhar and others invited Rao to watch the film and he responded positively to the request, it said. Rao appreciated Gunasekhar for making a film that shows the greatness of Rudrama Devi, a famed queen of the present day Warangal-based Kakatiya dynasty in the 13th century, it added.
- Before Baahubali 2, Devasena was in love with Bhallaladeva. We have a video to prove it
- 'Rudrama Devi' collects Rs.32 crore in the opening weekend
- 'Rudhramadevi' not just a war film: Gunasekhar
- Illayaraja in London for re-recording of 'Rudhramadevi'
- Marquee Queen
- 'Rudhramadevi' makers plan special birthday gift for Anushka Shetty
Anushka Shetty had earlier played the role of a woman warrior in super hit Telugu film “Arundhati”. Popular Telugu hero Allu Arjun plays the role of Gona Gannareddy, a warrior-ruler loyal to the Kakatiya dynasty in ‘Rudrama Devi’ which is slated for worldwide release tomorrow.