Saberna Saboo, a popular cine actor in Tamil industry, was found dead by police on Friday in her Chennai flat. The police were called in by her neighbours after a foul smell started coming from her house, which had remained closed for about three days.
When a police team attached to the Anna Nagar station, headed by Deputy Commissioner of Police, arrived at her flat in Maduravoyal, they found that the door wasn’t locked from the inside.
The police walked through the door only to find Saberna lying on the floor in a pool of blood with her wrist slashed. Her body was in a highly decomposed state, reported The Hindu.
Some media reports also said that the police had recovered a three-page suicide note from her flat, in which she has talked about her professional and relationship issues, suggesting that it could be a case of suicide. Saberna seems to have often expressed her discontent with the film industry about female actors not getting enough opportunities as compared to their male counterparts.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
In a recent interview with Tamil magazine, Vikatan, Saberna had said that while the male actors even at the age of 60 continue to play lead roles in the films, the female actors struggle to find good projects and eventually end up as television artiste. The report said that while the interviewer tried to light up the mood of the interview by asking light-hearted questions. Sabarna’s responses remained largely emotional.
Talking to the media, some of her friends described Saberna as bold but sensitive who took friendship and other relationships seriously. Meanwhile, it is also said that she had a troubled relationship with a man, whose identity remains unknown. The 29-year-old actor, who hails from Mettupalayam in Coimbatore preferred to live alone, although her parents Anandkumar and Pushpalatha and brother Aneesh were residing in Virugambakkam in Chennai.
She started her career as a TV anchor and appeared in several popular Tamil television soap operas like Pasamalar on Sun TV. She even appeared on Star Vijay, where she even hosted a cookery show. She has also played minor roles, in films like Dhanush’s Padikathavan, Vishal’s Poojai and Simbu’s Kaalai.
Saberna’s alleged suicide comes months after the death of popular TV anchor and actor S Sai Prashanth, who reportedly took the extreme step due to loneliness and depression.