Popular Tamil TV actor Sai Prashanth committed suicide at his residence in Chennai, police said, adding he had left a suicide note saying no one must be blamed for his death.
Prashanth is said to have mixed poison in his drink and consumed it on Sunday, leading to his death. He was 30.
Police said the reason behind Prashanth’s suicide could be loneliness and depression.
In his suicide note, released by the police on Monday, Prashanth said his second wife Sujitha or for that no one else should be blamed for his decision.
He also said that his death would not create any problems for Sujitha and that his parents would return all her jewellery along with Rs.500,000.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
After divorcing his first wife, Prashanth remarried three months ago.
In the suicide note, the actor also urged his wife to give up her anger and said he had been a good father to his daughter Rakshitha. He also wrote that he was a ‘problem’ for himself.
In his letter, Prashanth thanked actress Radikaa Sarathkumar, with whom he worked in serials, and her company Radaan for their support.
Radikaa expressed shock over Prashant’s death. “So shocked and saddened to hear of actor Sai Prashanth’s death. What is it about life that you give up at this age?? Sad. Just finished work, but mind is disturbed,” she tweeted.
So shocked and saddened to hear of actor Sai Prashants death.Wht is it about life that u give up at this age?? Sad
— Radikaa Sarathkumar (@realradikaa) March 13, 2016
Known for working in serials such as ‘Annamalai’, ‘Selvi’ and ‘Arasi’, Prashant also starred in Tamil films like ‘Neram’, ‘Thegidi’ and ‘Vadacurry’.
Prashanth started his career as a video jockey and hosted a popular show, ‘Dil Dil Manadhil’.
His last day of shoot was on the sets of Radaan’s Tamil serial “Thamarai” on March 10. He is survived by his parents, his second wife and a daughter.