Popular Tamil TV actor Sai Prashanth committed suicide at his residence in Chennai, police said, adding he had left a suicide note saying no one must be blamed for his death.
Prashanth is said to have mixed poison in his drink and consumed it on Sunday, leading to his death. He was 30.
Police said the reason behind Prashanth’s suicide could be loneliness and depression.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In his suicide note, released by the police on Monday, Prashanth said his second wife Sujitha or for that no one else should be blamed for his decision.
He also said that his death would not create any problems for Sujitha and that his parents would return all her jewellery along with Rs.500,000.
After divorcing his first wife, Prashanth remarried three months ago.
In the suicide note, the actor also urged his wife to give up her anger and said he had been a good father to his daughter Rakshitha. He also wrote that he was a ‘problem’ for himself.
In his letter, Prashanth thanked actress Radikaa Sarathkumar, with whom he worked in serials, and her company Radaan for their support.
Radikaa expressed shock over Prashant’s death. “So shocked and saddened to hear of actor Sai Prashanth’s death. What is it about life that you give up at this age?? Sad. Just finished work, but mind is disturbed,” she tweeted.
So shocked and saddened to hear of actor Sai Prashants death.Wht is it about life that u give up at this age?? Sad
— Radikaa Sarathkumar (@realradikaa) March 13, 2016
Known for working in serials such as ‘Annamalai’, ‘Selvi’ and ‘Arasi’, Prashant also starred in Tamil films like ‘Neram’, ‘Thegidi’ and ‘Vadacurry’.
Prashanth started his career as a video jockey and hosted a popular show, ‘Dil Dil Manadhil’.
His last day of shoot was on the sets of Radaan’s Tamil serial “Thamarai” on March 10. He is survived by his parents, his second wife and a daughter.