Tamil film producer A.S. Ibrahim Rowther, a long-time friend of actor-politician Vijayakanth, passed away at a private hospital here on Wednesday, an industry source said. He was 64.
“He was ailing at the SRM hospital in Vadapalani for quite some time. He passed away due to kidney-related issues,” the source told IANS.
The source added that Ibrahim has not been in the pink of health ever since he underwent a heart surgery a few years ago.
Ibrahim used to produce films under his home banner Rowther Films.
- Mersal row: Vijay thanks fans in note, signs using Christian name
- Pathbreaker Malayalam film director I V Sasi dies at 69
- Veteran script and dialogue writer R.K Shanmugam passes away
- Actor and producer RN Sudarshan dies at 78
- Tamil Nadu polls: How wife Premalatha is changing scenario for Captain’s DMDK
- DMDK workers abandon Vijaykanth
He was instrumental in building the career of Vijayakanth, with whom he had produced Tamil hits such as “Bharathan” and “Karuppu Nila”.
His last film as producer was “Puthithaga Aanandham Puthithaga Aaramabam”, which released few months ago.
Ibrahim was unmarried.