Actress Tamannaah Bhatia is most likely to replace Shruti Haasan, who recently walked out of a yet-untitled Tamil-Telugu bilingual being produced by PVP Cinema. The film also features actors Karthi and Akkineni Nagarjuna.
Shruti pulled out of the project citing dates issue.
“After Shruti walked out of the project, the makers approached Tamannaah, and she’s almost confirmed. The official confirmation should be out very soon,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
- Shruti Haasan: Age is a silly concept
- Tamannaah Bhatia clarifies, says she had no administrative authority in Queen remake
- Lucky to be working with Akkineni Nagarjuna: Gabriella Demetriades
- Nagarjuna, Karthi, Tamannaah to leave for month-long European trip
- Shruti Haasan is in legal trouble
- Shruti Haasan to have six releases in 2015
Shruti, who is currently busy with four projects in her kitty, was paired with Karthi in the movie.
On Friday, the makers sent a legal notice to Shruti for exiting from the project.
If Tamannaah comes on board, it will be her third project with Karthi after Tamil actioner “Paiyya” and “Siruthai”.
Being directed by Vamsi Paidipally, the film is set to be the remake of French drama “The Intouchables”.
According to sources, Nagarjuna is essaying the role of a patient, and Karthi as his caretaker.
Meanwhile, Tamannaah will soon starting shooting for Telugu project “Bengal Tiger” with Ravi Teja.