The theatrical rights of actor Suriya’s upcoming film Singam 3 have been sold for a record price in Tamil Nadu. The deal is touted to be a new benchmark in Kollywood. According to sources, the sale of the film’s theatrical rights has generated a record Rs 42 crore.
The forthcoming film, by far, is the post popular sequel in Suriya’s super-cop franchise as it has generated a lot of buzz in the industry. The film is expected to take the box office by storm when it releases next month and let its lead actor end the year on a high note. Suriya’s last outing 24, a sci-fi movie released earlier this year, also did well at the box office.
In the one-of-its-kind deal, the theatrical rights of the film in Kerala were bagged by a fan club. Yes, that’s right. The strong fan following that Tamil actors enjoy in the God’s own country is no secret, but a fan club releasing the movie across the state is something that hasn’t happened before.
“For the first time in South India, a movie distribution rights has been bagged by a fan group..Yes it’s one and only SINGAM GROUP THRISSUR,” Studio Green had tweeted. Studio Green is the producer of the third instalment in the Singam series.
The All Kerala Singam Suriya Fans and Welfare Association (AKSSFWA) has acquired the film’s distribution rights in Kerala in collaboration with Sopanam Entertainment. Meanwhile, the makers of the Suriya-starrer have also decided to release the music album of the film without much fanfare. The audio CDs will be directly available at the stores from November 27.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Singam 3 is the third instalment in the super cop series, created by director Hari. The makers have already started full-blown promotional campaigns through newspaper ads to make sure that the film gets the biggest opening when it hits the screens on December 16.
Besides Suriya, the film also stars Anushka Shetty, Shruti Haasan, and Thakur Anoop Singh in pivotal roles. The film has music from Harris Jayaraj, who has composed several memorable songs for Suriya’s films in the past.