Superstar Mahesh Babu-starrer Telugu drama “Srimanthudu” and Kannada thriller “Rangitaranga” bagged six awards each at the first edition of IIFA Utsavam in Hyderabad.
The two-day event, backed by Fortune Sunflower Oil, honoured the best talent across Telugu and Kannada film industries on Monday.
Of the 12 award categories, Koratala Siva-directed “Srimanthudu” fetched its lead pair Mahesh Babu and Shruti Haasan best Leading Role Male and Female awards respectively.
The other awards the film pocketed include best Supporting Role Male for actor Jagapathi Babu, best Music Direction for Devi Sri Prasad, best Lyricist for Ramajogayya Sastry and best Playback Singer Male for Sagar.
S.S. Rajamouli’s magnum opus “Baahubali” bagged five awards, including Best Picture.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The blockbuster film also won the best Direction award for Rajamouli, while Ramya Krishnan pocketed the best Supporting Role Female award.
Rana Daggubati was awarded the best Negative Role for his menacing performance in “Baahubali”, which also won the best Playback Singer Female for Satya Yamini.
Actor Vennela Kishore won the best Comic Role award for his performance in last year’s blockbuster “Bhale Bhale Magadivoy”.
In the Kannada film awards category, “Rangitaranga” won the awards for Best Picture and Anup Bhandari for Best Direction, Music Direction and Lyrics.
The film also Best Supporting Role Male for Sai Kumar, besides pocketing awards for Arvind Rao for Best Negative Role.
Actor Yash-starrer “Mr&Mrs Ramachari” won four awards. While Yash won the best Leading Role Male, his co-star Radhika Pandit bagged the Best Leading Role Female award.
The film also won awards for Best Comic Role (Sadhu Kokila) and Best Playback Singer Female (Shreya Ghoshal).
Lakshmi Raj won the Best Supporting Role Female award for “Krishna Leela”, while actor Dhanush won the Best Playback Singer for his song in “Vajrakaya”.
At the award ceremony, special tributes were paid to late actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao and producer D. Ramanaidu.