Superstar Mahesh Babu-starrer Telugu drama “Srimanthudu” and Kannada thriller “Rangitaranga” bagged six awards each at the first edition of IIFA Utsavam in Hyderabad.
The two-day event, backed by Fortune Sunflower Oil, honoured the best talent across Telugu and Kannada film industries on Monday.
Of the 12 award categories, Koratala Siva-directed “Srimanthudu” fetched its lead pair Mahesh Babu and Shruti Haasan best Leading Role Male and Female awards respectively.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The other awards the film pocketed include best Supporting Role Male for actor Jagapathi Babu, best Music Direction for Devi Sri Prasad, best Lyricist for Ramajogayya Sastry and best Playback Singer Male for Sagar.
S.S. Rajamouli’s magnum opus “Baahubali” bagged five awards, including Best Picture.
The blockbuster film also won the best Direction award for Rajamouli, while Ramya Krishnan pocketed the best Supporting Role Female award.
Rana Daggubati was awarded the best Negative Role for his menacing performance in “Baahubali”, which also won the best Playback Singer Female for Satya Yamini.
Actor Vennela Kishore won the best Comic Role award for his performance in last year’s blockbuster “Bhale Bhale Magadivoy”.
In the Kannada film awards category, “Rangitaranga” won the awards for Best Picture and Anup Bhandari for Best Direction, Music Direction and Lyrics.
The film also Best Supporting Role Male for Sai Kumar, besides pocketing awards for Arvind Rao for Best Negative Role.
Actor Yash-starrer “Mr&Mrs Ramachari” won four awards. While Yash won the best Leading Role Male, his co-star Radhika Pandit bagged the Best Leading Role Female award.
The film also won awards for Best Comic Role (Sadhu Kokila) and Best Playback Singer Female (Shreya Ghoshal).
Lakshmi Raj won the Best Supporting Role Female award for “Krishna Leela”, while actor Dhanush won the Best Playback Singer for his song in “Vajrakaya”.
At the award ceremony, special tributes were paid to late actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao and producer D. Ramanaidu.