Actor Sivakarthikeyan’s Remo, which will hit the screens this week, is generating a lot of buzz and promises to be as big a hit as his last outing, Rajini Murugan. Most of the shows are already sold out for the weekend at Chennai’s Satyam Cinemas. Some of the single screens have slotted the film for a 6 am show, which is usually reserved for mass entertainers and is a first for a romantic comedy.
The pre-release expectations and a solid advance booking have ensured a terrific first week for the film. But, what remains to be seen is whether this movie will rise to the occasion. Well, we will all know the results in less than 24 hours, here are the five reasons why you should kickstart your weekend with Remo.
A full-fledged movie with a man in drag:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Though we have seen cameos with actors in drag, when was the last time we saw a movie which had a leading male actor in drag? Arguably, actor Kamal Haasan’s Avvai Shanmugi (1996) is the last film we can think of in this category. For this film, Sivakarthikeyan has dressed in drag, and he has nailed it going by his looks. He has disguised himself as a drool-worthy nurse and seemed to have done a great job in getting the mannerisms and nuances of the opposite gender right.
From a maverick and successful TV anchor to a bankable film actor, Siva’s journey has been very inspiring. He is a natural entertainer. He has this ability to make films that are guaranteed to bore you look more tolerable with his performance. And Remo trailer assures you that he has nothing but the best entertainment to offer in this film.
Siva and Keerthy Suresh:
The onscreen couple is already a hit with the masses, thanks to their previous outing Rajini Murugan. Remo marks the pair’s second film together, and if the trailer is anything to go by, they have a different onscreen chemistry to offer in this romantic comedy.
There seems to be a lot of comedy in the relationship between the characters of Siva and Keerthy in the film. In the trailer, where Siva impersonates iconic comedian Goundamani when Keerthy Suresh almost catches him in his lie, will leave everyone who watches it in splits. That’s just a sample of what’s in store for the moviegoers.
Anirudh Ravichander and Siva combo:
Ever since Ethir Neechal, they have worked together in several hit projects. While Anirudh scores engaging and interesting tunes, Siva adds more layers to the film’s music with his onscreen performance. Remo marks Anirudh’s fourth collaboration with Siva.
Best technicians in film business:
Makers of Remo have enlisted the services of the best technicians and artists, namely Academy Award-winner Resul Pookutty for sound, National Award-winner PC Sreeram for cinematography and Hollywood make-up artist Sean Foot, who had worked in films like the Lord of the Rings and Shankar’s I.
Sean was so good that onlookers at the shooting spot thought that Siva was Anushka Shetty’s sister. And to top it all, the film is directed by a debutant, Bakkiyaraj Kannan, who is likely to bring freshness to the big screen with the help of these pros.