“He’s new on the scene, but he’s stacking much green,” this is a dialogue from Michael J White’s 2009 action movie, Blood and Bone. And this line pretty much sums up actor Sivakarthikeyan’s current position in the industry.
He may be just four years and about 10 films old, but the buzz around Sivakarthikeyan’s Remo has been overshadowing other upcoming releases. The early trends of advance bookings and single screens allotting 6 am slot for the movie have assured that Remo will get a massive welcome from the fans when it arrives in theatres this Friday.
The total number of screen count for Remo is expected to be huge in the backdrop of all the pre-release expectations. The film will be releasing in 72 theatres in the US, which marks the widest opening for a Sivakarthikeyan’s film so far.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
— Haricharan Pudipeddi (@pudiharicharan) October 4, 2016
The tickets for the romantic comedy are in a high demand with most of the shows already sold out for the weekend at Chennai’s iconic theatre Sathyam Cinemas.
Besides Remo, AL Vijay’s multi-starrer Devi(L) and actor Vijay Sethupathi’s Rekka also releasing this week. The theatre owners apparently under pressure in allotting shows for the upcoming releases even as they must announce the final schedule today.
Devi(L) with a star cast led by Prabhu Deva, will release in over 9o screens in the US, where it premieres on Thursday. The horror-comedy directed by Vijay, marks the comeback of the dancing star, Prabhu, in Kollywood after a long time. The film also stars Tamannaah and Sonu Sood and will release in over 3000 screens worldwide. It was simultaneously shot in three languages and will release as Devi(L) in Tamil, Abhinetri in Telugu and Tutak Tutak Tutiya in Hindi.
— Blue Eyes Ent (@blueeyesentert1) October 4, 2016
Rekka on the other hand, is an out-and-out commercial entertainer from Vijay Sethpuath who is basking in the success of his last two films. His movie Aandavan Kattalai, which released against actor Dhanush’s Thodari last month, emerged as a winner at the box office. The amazing word of mouth and the audience response were so good that it forced the theatre owners to allot more shows to the film.