Actor Siddharth has donned the producer’s hat for the second time in his career and has quietly completed shooting for his next Tamil outing “Jil Jung Juck”, a dark comedy in which he plays the lead.
“The film is currently in the post-production phase. After much contemplation, Siddharth has decided to produce this film on his own. It’s a quirky dark comedy featuring no heroine,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
While Siddharth plays the lead, veteran actor Radha Ravi also essays an important role.
- Kammara Sambhavam: Dileep introduces Siddharth's character to Malayalam audience, see photo
- Dileep's Kammarasambhavam nears completion, Siddharth wraps up his portions
- Aval trailer: Siddharth-Andrea Jeremiah's horror film will give you the chills
- Aval first look: Siddharth's horror flick looks intriguing, set to release in November
- Siddharth enjoys wearing producer's hat
- Siddharth's 'Jil Jung Juk' to release on Christmas
The film is directed by debutant Dheeraj Vaidy and has music by Vishal Chandrasekhar.
According to the source, the team is also ready with the film’s trailer and plans to unveil it on September 14.
“Siddharth is extremely confident about this film. Undeterred by the failure of his last two films ‘Kaaviya Thalaivan’ and ‘Ennakul Oruvan’, he has pinned high hopes on this project,” the source added.
Siddharth’s first film as producer was his 2012 Tamil romantic-comedy “Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi”.
“Jil Jung Juck” is a gibberish line popularized by comedian Vadivelu in 1994 Tamil film “Kadhalan”.