The video song titled ‘Ammapoovinum’ from the upcoming Malayalam film Pathu Kalpanakal was released on YouTube on Monday. The lullaby, which is sung by S. Janaki marks her retirement from her illustrious career.
The song was launched at a promotional event held in Abu Dhabi. Midhun Eshwar has given music to the lyrics of Roy Puramadam.
Janaki, a native of Andhra Pradesh, began her career as a playback singer with Tamil movie Vidhiyin Vilayattu in 1957. In a career spanning over six decades, besides touching people’s lives with her songs, she has won several laurels too, including four National Awards.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
That’s not all. She has recorded 48,000 songs in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Odiya, Hindi, Bengali, Tulu, Sanskrit, Sinhalese, Badaga, Punjabi, Urdu, Japanese, German, Latin and Arabic languages. She has even inspired generations of musicians.
When she recently announced her decision to quit singing, it triggered rumours about her death. The death hoax spread quickly on the internet as many were sharing their condolences over the news. The fake news prompted another legendary singer S P Balasubrahmanyam to take to social media and lash out at the rumour mongers.
“Since this morning lots of rumours about Smt. S. Janaki, the Nightingale’s health condition. All fake. I just talked to her. She is hale and healthy better than ever. Spread the good news.I dont know how some idiots do this mischief. Sadistic *^#@$÷=?. Long live the queen of Melody,” posted Balasubrahmanyam on his Facebook page.
Balasubrahmanyam and Janaki have delivered numerous hit songs together.
With the Pathu Kalpanakal, actress Meera Jasmine is making a comeback to the big screen and it also marks the first directorial venture by editor Don Max. The film is a crime thriller and stars Anoop Menon, Kaniha, Kavitha Nair, Thampi Antony, Prasanth Narayanan and Joju George.
The film is produced by Manu Padmanabhan Nair, Jiji Anchani, Jacob Koeypuram and Biju Thoranathel under the banner Shutterbugs Entertainments. Muzik247 is the official music label.