Actress Ruhi Singh, best known for her performance in Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Calendar Girls”, will make her Tamil debut with the upcoming road thriller “Bongu”.
She will join the sets in January next year.
“I don’t know much about the southern film industry, even though I like it. With dance and songs, everything is so glamorous and colourful about south films. In the case of this film, I totally loved the script and I felt I’d enjoy working in it,” Ruhi told IANS.
She will be paired with cinematographer-actor Natarajan Subramaniam aka Natty. The film, which will be directed by debutant Tej, also features Pooja Bisht.
“I don’t know anybody except my manager in the south. But I’m aware of Natty’s work as a cameraman in Bollywood, so I was sure of not working with a total stranger,” she said.
- Urmila Matondkar: Naughtiness and wickedness in Bewafa Beauty is very unheard of
- Why southern stars like Sridevi found more success in Bollywood
- Sridevi: Everything you need to know
- ‘Calendar Girls’ does not show Pakistan in bad light: Actresses
- No rivalry between girls of ‘Calendar Girls’, says actress Ruhi Singh
- No nude scene in Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Calendar Girls’
Ruhi is extremely serious about her career down south, so much so that the she’s already listening to a few scripts.
“I like the warmth of the people here. I’ve heard the industry is very professional and who can hate south Indian food! I love dosa; I almost eat it every day for breakfast. I just hope I’m welcomed wholeheartedly,” she added.
Ruhi has also starred in the critically-acclaimed documentary “The World Before Her”, and she awaits the release of her second Hindi film “Ishq Forever”.