As expected, Sivakarthikeyan’s latest release Remo is dominating the box office. The movie’s first-day collection has broken the record set by the actor’s previous blockbuster, Rajini Murugan.
According to early estimates by the trade pundits, the film has collected about Rs 8 crore on its opening day, putting Siva in the big league of Tamil cinema. Siva’s Pongal release this year, Rajini Murugan, opened to a similar response at the box office as it grossed over Rs 19 crore in its first four days, according to reports.
However, as the early estimates suggest, Remo will be setting a new record for Siva in its first weekend itself.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Remo has clearly surpassed the first day collection of actor Vikram’s Iru Mugan, which was declared as this year’s third biggest blockbuster after Kabali and Theri. The sci-fi movie in which Vikram played a double role debuted at Rs 5.5 crore. Dhanush’s Thodari, despite the big names attached to it, managed less than Rs 4 crore on its opening day.
The screen count for the new Siva movie has also gone up. While his last outing Rajini Murugan was released on 350 screens, Remo has got 400 screens in Tamil Nadu. Meanwhile, Remo also marked the widest opening for Siva in the US, where the film released in 72 theatres.
Remo, however, took a hit in Kerala in terms of screen count. While the actor aggressively promoted the film in the state, it had tough competition in Pulimurugan, Thoppil Joppan and Devi(L). The Tamil romantic comedy had to make do with 42 screens.
The box office numbers from Kerala and the US are awaited.
Remo, meanwhile, has bagged Rs 51 lakh in theatrical box office collection in Chennai alone, where the film released to a massive response with shows starting as early as 6 am.
Prabhu Deva’s Devi(L), a horror-comedy, has grossed Rs 10 lakh, while Vijay Sethupathi’s Rekka has earned Rs 20 lakh on their opening day at the Chennai box office, said reports.
The buzz is that the footfall for Prabhu’s comeback movie in Tamil is likely to go up as the film has received mostly good reviews from the critics. On the other hand, it remains to be seen will Remo maintain its bullish trend at the box office after its first week, in the light of the bad media reviews it has received.