Actor Sivakarthikeyan’s latest release Remo has exceeded the expectations in terms of its worldwide box office collection. According to the industry trackers, the film’s worldwide opening weekend collection now stands at Rs 33 crore.
According to reports, in three days the film has collected Rs 21.5 crore in the domestic market, and has earned Rs 11.5 crore in its overseas market.
According to the box office break up provided by trade tracker Ramesh Bala, Remo has grossed A$103,808 (Rs 52.5 lakh) in Australia, $152K (Rs 1.01 crore) in the US, £47K (Rs 39 lakh) in the UK and 23K € (Rs 17 lakh) in France. The film has also earned Rs 1.15 crore in Malaysia and another Rs 1.15 cr in UAE.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The film, meanwhile, which faced heavy competition in Kerala from Pulimurugan, Thoppil Joppan and Dev(L), has reportedly managed Rs 43.2 lakh in box office collection.
As Per Early estimates,#Remo WW 1st wknd gross wud be around 33Cr!
TN with ROI~ 21.5Cr
OS~ 11. 5Cr
— Foxtel Media (@Foxtelmedia) October 10, 2016
“Distributors and theatre owners spoke to me.confirms 100% occupancy All over.everybody makes profits.overflow comes to everyone.SO HAPPY,” tweeted R D Raja of 24 AM Studio, which bankrolled Remo film.
“#Remo grabs the No.3 spot this year in TN opening weekend gross, behind just Kabali and Theri.. The rise and rise of @Siva_Kartikeyan,” tweeted Kaushik LM, a film reporter.
“#Remo will be @Siva_Kartikeyan ‘s best ever BO in #Vettri .The emerged family hero has now upgraded his hit standard to next level. Way2Go!” tweeted Rakesh Gowthaman of Vettri Theatre in Chennai.
— Ramesh Bala (@rameshlaus) October 10, 2016
While the opening weekend box office numbers of Devi(L) are yet to revealed by the makers, the trade pundits have suggested that the film has witnessed steady business growth due to a positive word of mouth.
Vijay Sethupathi’s Rekka, a commercial entertainer, which released on Friday, is expected to gross over Rs 12 crore in its opening weekend. According to reports, the film has raked in Rs 8.2 crore on its first two days