The much-awaited sequel of Superstar Rajinikanth’s Robot 2.0 is finally nearing completion with the shooting schedule of the film wrapped, tweeted film’s lead heroine Amy Jackson. The film is slated for release in early 2017.
“With @superstarrajini himself, it’s a wrap for our Robot 2.0 schedule!” Amy tweeted along with a picture with Thalaiva himself after a pooja at the film set. The British model-turned-actor was elated with the team and thanked Rajni for his performance. “Pooja this evening with my lovely Robot 2.0 team @superstarrajini @shankarshanmugh – Rajini Sir, you have been unbelievable on set, Thank you,” she added.
The shooting for the film was underway in Chennai where the director had shot a song featuring Rajinikanth and Amy Jackson. After 100 days of shoot, Shankar had also recently confirmed that he finished two major action sequences, including the climax scene with Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Under Shankar’s direction, the Tamil sci-fi 2.0 is a sequel to 2010 blockbuster Enthiran (Robo in Telugu). The film also stars Akshay Kumar as the antagonist, apart from Amy Jackson, Adil Hussain and Sudhanshu Pandey. Reportedly being made on a lavish budget of Rs 350 crore, the film will be simultaneously released in Telugu and Hindi as well. Akshay was roped for playing the baddie after Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger could not be brought on board due to various reasons.
The film is bankrolled by Lyca Productions and Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman will render music for the film. The cinematography will be taken care by Nirav Shah.