The team of superstar Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil film “Kabali”, which is currently on the floors here, will start shooting in Malaysia from October 19 and this schedule will last for a month.
“The team will start shooting in Malaysia for a month from October 19 to November 19,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
“The makers had initially planned to shoot for extended period in Malaysia, but had a change of heart in the last minute and decided to shoot only for a month,” the source said.
The remaining portion of the film will be shot here in Adityaram studios and EVP world here.
- Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan share dais amid political buzz in Tamil Nadu
- Happy birthday, Rajinikanth: We LOVE these Thalaivar jokes that just reaffirm that no one beats the Superstar
- Radhika Apte joins Rajinikanth to shoot for the final schedule of ‘Kabali’ in Malaysia
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ to release during Tamil New Year next year
- ‘Kabali’ makers to shorten Malaysia schedule
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ to roll from September 17
Directed by Pa Ranjith, the film also features Radhika Apte, Kalaiarasan and Dhanshikaa in important roles.
The latest addition to the cast, according to the source, is actress Ritwika. She was last seen in Ranjith’s Tamil drama “Madras”.
“Ritwika plays a character with negative shades, quite contrary to the emotional role she essayed in ‘Madras’,” the source added.
Rajinikanth plays a gangster in the film, which is said to be based on the life of a local don from here.
Produced by Kalaipuli S. Thanu, the film is expected to hit the screens on April 15 2016.