When it comes to being honest, nobody can compete with superstar Rajinikanth. In a heartfelt letter that he wrote wishing versatile actor Sivakumar, the Enthiran star has discussed his relationship with the yesteryear actor, describing him as a good man who has been blessed by the god.
There is no secret about Rajinikanth’s drinking and smoking habits and ensuing health issues that he faced. However, what we didn’t know this far is that Sivakumar never gave up on Rajinikanth as he constantly persuaded the Thalaivar to give up his addiction.
“I have learned some invaluable life lessons from working with him in films in the past,” Rajinikanth said in the letter published by Indiaglitz.com. “At a time when I was an addicted to drinking and smoking, Sivakumar used to advise me saying I would become a great actor and not to spoil my health with these habits.”
Rajinikanth played second lead to Sivakumar in 1977 films Kavikuyil and Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri. “He is a good man, honest man, descent man, and he has been blessed by the god. His words came true. I made it big in films, even as I spoiled my health due to my habits.”
“Whatever he says is true. If we follow his advice, we will be healthy both physically and mentally. Praying for his long life, my heartfelt wishes to this great actor and great man (Sivakumar) on his 75th birthday,” he signed off.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The multifaceted actor, Sivakumar, is the father of actors Suriya and Karthi and he celebrated his 75th birthday on October 27. In order to make this birthday special for him, his star sons had organised a three-day painting expo in Chennai displaying his artworks.
The expo featured about 100 paintings of Sivakumar done from 1958 to 1965 and include pencil and crayon sketches, water colour and oil paintings, besides portraits of eminent personalities and many important locations across India.
Sivakumar came to Chennai from his village to pursue his interest in art. However, destiny had other plans for him. He debuted with a small role in 1965 film Kakkum Karangal and the rest is history.