Academy award-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty says the upcoming Rajinikanth starrer 2.0 features massive action sequences of international standard. Directed by Shankar, “2.0” is a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster Robot. The sci-fi action-drama features Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar in the role of an antagonist.
Resul says he was amazed at what he saw when he visited the film set and will spend a lot of time creating the perfect sound for the movie. “Technically, the action in ‘2.0’ is a high level of achievement. I went to the set and what I saw was amazing. I’ve gone through the narration and the previews. Next year most of my time will be invested in creating 2.0,” Resul told PTI in an interview.
The 45-year-old sound designer feels the movie will consolidate the position of Indian films at a time when most of the Hollywood biggies are raking in huge money at the domestic box office. “I think a film like ‘2.0’ will consolidate our position from the international perspective of filmmaking. I have reasons to say this when you look at the last five years how Hollywood films are faring in the Indian domestic market.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“When ‘Avatar’ came out it collected nearly Rs 58 crore from the Indian market, last year ‘Fast and Furious’ came and collected Rs 108 crore and when it came to Jungle Book it was nearly Rs 200 crore.”
Resul has been associated with Indian as well as international films, ranging from Highway, Ra.One to Slumdog Millionaire and “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”. The acclaimed sound designer feels Hollywood biggies make huge money here without shooting in the country and if Indian filmmakers don’t pull up their socks, the industry will be “doomed.”
“These films are taking away the resources from this country without spending a single penny on making that film. It is high time that Indian filmmakers who want our film industry to survive, to look at this aspect and change our
filmmaking to a different level.”
“People today are exposed to first-rate content. They are going to compare our product with what is coming out in the west. If we are not able to consolidate our domestic market, we will be doomed as an industry in the next ten years.”
It is in this regard, Resul says, that the Rajinikanth starrer will play a key role.
“That is where the sanctity of a film like ‘2.0’ comes in. Someone like Shankar, Rajinikanth and Akshay have understood this aspect and have come together to make something. Looking at the product people will say ‘oh we can also make such films’,” he said.
2.0 sees another academy award winner working for it, music composer AR Rahman. The film is being produced in three languages – Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and is scheduled to release next year.