Sri Thenandal Films has officially announced Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s 61st film, which will be directed by Atlee. The untitled film marks the second collaboration of the actor-director duo after delivering this year’s second biggest box office blockbuster Tamil film, Theri.
— Sri Thenandal Films (@ThenandalFilms) November 17, 2016
The filmmakers have finalised the script for the forthcoming Vijay-starrer. The said project of Thenandal Films had been creating a lot of buzz in Kollywood due to the big names attached to it. Legendary screenplay writer K V Vijayendra Prasad is said to have finished writing the script for the film. According to reports, Vijay is very impressed with Vijayendra’s writing.
Vijayendra is also the father of maverick filmmaker S S Rajamouli. Previously, he has written the screenplay for blockbusters like Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali: The Beginning and Magadheera.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
— atlee (@Atlee_dir) November 17, 2016
The makers, meanwhile, are yet to disclose the details of remaining cast and crew. The film is said to go on the floors in February next year and the makers are planning a Diwali release, at the same time as superstar Rajinikanth’s 2.0.
According to reports, films that release during Diwali usually record 10 percent higher collections as theatres in rural areas see a spike in the number of footfalls during the festive season. Director Shankar’s 2.0 is the most eagerly awaited film of 2017 and it is no surprise that the makers of the Enthiran sequel are eyeing a big festival like Diwali.
In the other news, Vijay has started dubbing for his upcoming film Bairavaa. The first teaser of the film, which was released on Diwali has been viewed more than 10 million times on YouTube. The film directed by Bharathan will hit the screens on Pongal next year.