When Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty recently said that director Shankar’s Enthiran 2.0, starring Rajinikanth will make India proud, he meant it in every sense. According to industry sources, the much-awaited sci-fi movie will be available in 3D.
While presenting films in 3D has become a norm in Hollywood, the Indian film industry is still catching up with the trend. However, in the light of the massive budget, 2.0 is going to be a landmark film in the three-dimensional category in India.
It will also be Rajinikanth’s first 3D film. The actor, who made his debut in a black and white film in 1975, has been setting trends in embracing path-breaking technologies in filmmaking. Remember, he was the first Indian actor to star in the animated film, Kochadaiyaan, which was shot using motion capture technology?
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
There is more good news for the fans of Rajinikanth. The much-anticipated first look and teaser of 2.0 will be released on November 20 at a grand event in Mumbai.
Producer Raju Mahalingam recently took to Twitter and confirmed the news. “Make in India” a reality on celluloid!! 2.0 team delivers Global Standard’s!! We will tease you’ll on 20th Nov 2016,” he tweeted.
“Make in India” a reality on celluloid!! 2.0 team delivers Global Standard’s!!We will tease you’ll on 20th Nov-2016. pic.twitter.com/UXv7YS6j6B
— raju.mahalingam (@rajumahalingam) October 14, 2016
Recently, Enthiran team warped its shoot in Chennai. The film is being made at a whopping budget of Rs 350 crore and is simultaneously produced in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. The film is a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster Ethiran, which is said to be Shankar’s most ambitious project so far. It’s Hindi version was titled Robot, and starred Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
The film has been making waves ever since it was announced. Enthiran 2.0 also marks the acting debut of Bollywood’s A-lister Akshay Kumar, in the south. He is playing an evil and an eccentric scientist in the film.
2.0 also stars Amy Jackson, Sudhanshu Pandey and Adil Hussain in important roles. The film, which is bankrolled by Lyca Productions, is slated for an early 2017 release.