Dressed in a simple white kurta and black trousers, superstar Rajinikanth was spotted at the Chennai airport on Saturday as he was on his way to Mumbai, where a cine extravaganza has been planned to unveil the first look posters for his upcoming film 2.0.
The makers of the Enthiran sequel have planned a first look launch event on a scale that we have never seen before, at Mumbai’s prestigious Yash Raj studios. Besides the film’s star cast, superstars from down south and Bollywood celebrities are expected to be in attendance for the spectacle.
Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan and Baadshah of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan have received the invitations even as both the stars are yet to confirm their presence. But let’s not lose hope.
Above all, in less than 24 hours we could finally lay eyes on the first pieces of director Shankar’s most ambitious creation. We really don’t know what to expect from the event, although we are very excited about the possibility of the makers surprising everyone with something new and unexpected.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
We are also thrilled to catch Rajinikanth’s speech. It is a rare occasion for millions of Thalaivar fans, when Rajinikanth will unravel his best wit and wisdom that stays hidden behind his humility most of the times. And, yes, the fables that he shares on such occasions will be among the major highlights of this mega-budget event, which is pegged at Rs 6 crore.
— Kaushik LM (@LMKMovieManiac) November 19, 2016
You don’t have to be in person in Mumbai to catch the event as it unfolds. It will be live streamed by Lyca Productions on its YouTube channel and on its mobile app. So, with a good internet connection, you can watch the hour-long show that will be hosted by Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar, from the comforts of your home.
2.0 is being made at a budget of Rs 350 crore and Lyca Productions is bankrolling the film, which will simultaneously be released in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. The makers have reportedly planned a Diwali release next year.
The 2.0 first look launch event is scheduled to start at 5 PM on Sunday.