The upcoming first look launch event of superstar Rajinikanth’s 2.0 is getting bigger by the day. In order to add more excitement to the spectacle, the makers have invited Kamal Haasan and Shah Rukh Khan to grace the function.
“Invitations have been sent to both Kamal sir and Shah Rukhji, and even arrangements have been made for their hospitality. However, they are yet to confirm their presence, and hence, an official announcement is still pending,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
While Kamal is a long-time professional associate and a close friend of Rajinikanth, time and again, Shah Rukh has cashed in on the Thalaivar’s popularity to promote his films down south. Thus, the chances of both accepting the invitation to be part of this year’s biggest film event are really high.
It is worth noting that, Lyca Productions, which is bankrolling the Rs 350 crore sci-fi project, is also producing Kamal’s upcoming film Sabaash Naidu in association with Raaj Kamal International.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The first launch event will take place on Sunday at Mumbai’s Yash Raj studios and Hindi filmmaker Karan Johar will host the hour-long event. The makers are pulling out all stops to create a huge buzz before the release of 2.0. The film has been making waves since the day it was announced, given that it is a sequel to 2010 blockbuster Enthiran besides being India’s costliest film. Some of the big names in Indian cinema have worked in the project, namely Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar. The Khiladi of Bollywood marks his debut in the southern film with this eagerly-awaited film.
2.0 is directed by Shankar and has music by AR Rahman. The multilingual film also stars Amy Jackson, Sudhanshu Pandey and Adil Hussain in important roles. The entire star cast will be present at Sunday’s event in Mumbai.