Malayalam film director Rajesh Pillai passed away today (February 27) at PVS hospital in Kochi. He was 41.
An official at the hospital confirmed the death of the filmmaker at 11:45 am.
He was admitted to the hospital on February 25 and immediately put on the ventilator.
The director who is known for path-breaking Malayalam films such as “Traffic” and “Mili” was suffering from liver cirrhosis
Several actors who worked in his movies rushed to the hospital on hearing news about his demise at 11.45 am.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The filmmaker had contracted pneumonia during the post production of his latest film “Vettah” and it worsened his health condition.
His death comes a day after “Vettah”, starring Manju Warrier and Kunjacko Bobban, hit theatres. The film was completed while he was undergoing treatment.
His body will be cremated here tomorrow.
Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee, who starred in the yet-to-be released Hindi remake of “Traffic”, condoled Pillai’s death on Twitter.
So sad to hear an untimely demise of rajesh pillai dir of #traffic.may he rest in peace.
— Manoj Bajpayee (@BajpayeeManoj) February 27, 2016
His co-star of the film Divya Dutta wrote, “Lost a very dear director Rajesh Pillai… who directed me in the yet unreleased beautiful film#traffic! Rip dear sir!”
Lost a very dear director rajesh pillai… Who directed me in the yet unreleased beautiful film#traffic! Rip dear sir!
— Divya Dutta (@divyadutta25) February 27, 2016