Multifaceted actor Raghava Lawrence on Thursday confirmed that he will be remaking Rajinikanth’s cult classic, Moondru Mugam. “I friends and fans! I need all your blessing. I would like to share a happy news with you all. I will be remaking #Superstar’s #MoondruMugam,” the actor posted on his Facebook page.
“Personally I am a big Rajini sir fan. I have watched Moondru Mugam in theatre as a fan and I have whistled. I am happy that I would be remaking the film now. I am starting this film with Superstar’s blessing,” he added.
Raghava said that he met and discussed with the Thalaivar about his decision to reprise the latter’s iconic triple role in Moondru Mugam. He said Rajinikanth was very happy for him and even gave his blessing for this project. Raghava was mentored by Rajinikanth himself in the initial phase of his career.
According to reports, Raghava has already started working on the script. The script will be tweaked to suit the taste of the current Tamil audience. He will be producing the film along with S Kathiresan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— Raghava Lawrence (@offl_Lawrence) November 3, 2016
Raghava has taken the herculean task of reprising Rajinikanth’s evergreen roles. Moondru Mugam is among the most popular cult classics in Tamil movies that came out during the 1980s. Among Rajinikanth’s three different roles, his police character called Alex Pandian in the film is so beloved by Tamil film audiences that even today a mere reference to to this character will send fans into a tizzy.
After finalising the script, Raghava will zero in on a director to helm the film. Raghava, meanwhile, is awaiting the release of Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva.
It is worth mentioning that Thala Ajith starred in 2007 gangster film Billa, a remake of Rajinikanth’s 1980 blockbuster movie of the same name The success of the film redefined his stardom in the industry, which was on a shaky ground at the time.