Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan craze has not spared anyone, including another industry stalwart Mammootty. According to reports, the Thoppil Joppan actor took some time off from his busy schedule to catch his colleague’s all-time blockbuster film, Pulimurugan, which has been creating waves worldwide.
Mammootty is said to have watched the film at his private theater in his residence. However, he is yet to share his thoughts about the film, which is expected to end up becoming first ever Malayalam film to rake in Rs 100 crore.
Pulimurugan directed by Vyshak deals with the issue of man-animal conflict. The film has received rave reviews from fans and members of the film fraternity for being technically superior. Besides the top notch visual effects, makers had used live tigers to shoot major portions of the film with a total budget of Rs 25 crore.
Regardless of their fans indulging in unwanted fights time and again, Mohanlal and Mammotty have expressed mutual respect for each other publicly. At the same time, they both never had qualms about releasing their movies against each other. The Malayalam superstars have had several face offs at the box office since 1986.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
More recently, films of Mammootty and Mohanlal locked horns at the box office during the Ayudha Pooja last month. From the word go, Pulimurugan dominated over Thoppil Joppan in terms of screen count, popularity and box office numbers.
Mohanlal emerged as the ‘Shahanshah’ of the box office in Kerala by beating the collection records set by the likes of superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali. The demand for the film was so high that despite increasing the number of shows, many were not able to get the tickets for the film during the first two weeks of its release. Thoppil Joppan, meanwhile, managed to make profit for its makers, despite an unprecedented competition from the Mohanlal-starrer.