Pulimurugan is emerging as Malayalam’s very own Baahubali in setting new box office records. The action-adventure film has already pushed the envelope for the Malayalam film industry, in terms of special effects, budget and theatrical collection.
The latest buzz is, its makers are expecting the Mohanlal-starrer to become the first film in Malayalam to earn Rs 100 crore at the box office. Even after a week, the film is still running to packed houses in over 200 screens of Kerala. The film is also reportedly doing an impressive business in other parts of the country.
Pulimurugan has collected about Rs 30 crore from ticket sales in its first week. Going by the trends, the film is unlikely to slow down at the box office. According to the reports, the filmmakers have earned Rs 15 crore in sales of the film’s satellite and overseas rights.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The film is made with the budget of Rs 25 crore deal with man-animal conflict. It released worldwide on October 7 to mostly positive reviews from the media and fans alike. It dominated the screens in the state over other new releases: Thoppil Joppan, Devi(L) and Remo.
Interestingly, Vysakh, who had his share of big hits and some flops, reportedly told producer Tomichan Mulakupadam that making the film involved financial risks to the tune of Rs 10 crore. However, the Abu Dhabi-based businessman still went ahead with the project. And the film grossed over Rs 10 crore in its first three days itself.
According to reports, Thoppil Joppan, which has Mammootty in the lead, has earned Rs 8 crore at the box office in its first week. Meanwhile, the screen count for Sivakarthikeyan’s Remo in Kerala has gone up from 45 screens to over 70.