Superstar Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan has set the Kerala box office on fire, besides creating new collection record for a Malayalam film in the state. The big-budget action adventure opened to a terrific response on Friday in theatres and has also received glowing reviews from the critics and fans alike.
Overwhelmed by the tremendous response to his new film, Mohanlal congratulated the team behind the blockbuster. “Again you all made my day Feeling good to get good reviews about #Pulimurugan. My hearty felicitations to the entire crew of Pulimurugan,” he tweeted.
Mohanlal-starrer has released on 214 screens. The demand was so high that theatre owners were under preassure to allot more number of shows for the film even as they had to accommodate four new releases this week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Mammootty’s Thoppil Joppan managed to get 110 screens, Devi(L) was released on 71 screens and Remo on 43 screens on Friday.
Pulimurugan has garnered Rs 3.96 crore on its first day, beating Mammootty’s Kasaba, which debuted at Rs 2.43 crore. It has also surpassed the collection of Vijay’s Theri, which made Rs 3.16 crore on its opening day, besides coming close to the collection record of superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali.
The Rajinikanth-starrer, which was released on over 300 screens and had 1000 plus shows, had raked in a whopping Rs 4.27 crore on its opening day.
The trend is clear, Pulimurugan will continue to keep the cash registers ringing in the coming weeks too. Interestingly, Mohanlal’s previous blockbuster Oppam is still running in theatres. According to earlier reports, the crime-thriller has collected nearly Rs 29 crore in 21 days after its release and thus becoming the top grosser in Malayalam this year, until now.
Check Mohanlal-starrer Pulimurugan’s box office collection here:
Again you all made my day . Feeling good to get good reviews about #Pulimurugan. My hearty felicitations to the entire crew of Pulimurugan.
— Mohanlal (@Mohanlal) October 7, 2016
Meanwhile, Thoppil Joppan has also taken off on a good note at the box office with Rs 2.03 crore in its kitty from its opening day collection, said reports. The comedy film has garnered mixed reviews from the critics.