The Mohanalal hit Pulimurugan, after making a stupendous start minting close to 4.8 crore, shook the Kerala box office by becoming the fastest grosser to cross the Rs 20-crore mark in five days. “@Mohanlal ‘s #PuliMurugan rocks #Kerala Box office.. Becomes the fastest movie to cross ₹ 20 Cr. mark at the #Kerala Box office.. 5 days,” trade analyst Ramesh Bala tweeted.
Last week, after day one collections, Pulimurugan had already set a new record in Malayalam cinema by becoming the first movie to collect such a hefty sum on a single day as none of the films, including superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali, has achieved such a feat. Releasing on the same day along with Thoppil Joppan, the movie had managed to earn twice as much as Mammooty’s film on its opening day.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Pulimurugan is also the first non-Malayalam film in Kerala to have had 858 shows on its opening day, which is next to Kabali. The Rajini-starrer gangster film was released on over 300 screens and had 1000 plus shows. Meanwhile, Mohanlal’s previous release, Oppam, has grossed Rs 45 crore in its worldwide theatrical box office collection in 31 days since its release during Onam.
Reports also suggested that not just in Kerala, the Malayalam action adventure was also receiving a rocking response in Chennai, where the film has the fifth position at the box office among the other new releases.
The other releases in Kerala last week were Tamil films, Devi(L), which released in 71 theatres and Remo on 42 screens. Another Malayalam comedy film Kavi Udheshichath released on 73 screens on Saturday.