Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s Pulimurugan continued to dominate the box office in Kerala on Sunday. The Pulimurugan craze that started well before its theatrical release is showing no sign of slowing down with the film running houseful in more than 200 theatres in the state. The reports also suggest that extra shows have been added in other centres outside Kerala due to rising demand from the moviegoers.
Pulimurugan has already shattered previous first day box office records set by other Mollywood A-listers and non-Malayalam films like Vikram’s I and Vijay’s Theri. Although, the earlier estimates suggested that the film raked in a whopping Rs 3.92 crore on its opening days, the final tally was revised upwards after taking extra fan shows on Friday into consideration.
According to latest reports, on its first day, the Mohanlal-starrer made Rs 4.8 crore, and thus became the second movie to cross the Rs 4 crore mark in the state after superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali, which debuted at Rs 4.27 crore.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While the exact second day box office numbers are yet to be revealed, the trade pundits have predicted that the film may have grossed over Rs 7 crore. The film is also expected to breach the Rs 10 crore threshold in its first weekend itself.
However, Mammooty’s Thoppil Joppan is also doing well with family audiences and has reported 80 per cent occupancy in most of the centres. The comedy film, which released on 110 screens on Friday, collected Rs 2.03 crore on its opening day, which is still impressive considering the Pulimurugan box office dominance.
The other new releases in Kerala this week were Tamil films, Devi(L), which has released in 71 theatres and Remo on 42 screens. Another Malayalam comedy film Kavi Udheshichath released on 73 screens on Saturday. These movies are expected to do well at the box office, once the demand for Pulimurugan and Thoppil Joppan slows down, given these movies have received mostly positive feedback from the audience.