Blockbuster Pulimurugan is testing the limits of Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s stardom worldwide. The film opened in UAE and GCC on November 3 to a massive response and is running to packed houses.
According to the reports, the film had 600 plus shows on its opening day, which is more than Rajinikanth’s Kabali and Salman Khan’s Sultan, as they had 425 shows and 225 shows respectively in UAE and GCC regions.
The film is also expected to emerge as the highest grossing south Indian film in the Middle East, considering the initial response. The makers, however, are yet to reveal the box office numbers for the UAE.
Meanwhile, the film has earned more than Rs 60 crore at the Kerala box office alone. The all India collections of the film in 28 days, is pegged at Rs 85 crore, according to reports.
The action-adventure was also released on 140 screens in the UK and Europe on November 4, but its box office numbers are not yet revealed.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Telugu dubbed version of the film titled Manyam Puli will be released on November 11. Mohanlal’s recently earned fame in Telugu regions, courtesy his blockbuster Janatha Garage, may provide the film, a good opening at the box office.
Pulimurugan is made at a budget of Rs 25 crore, which is huge money for a Malayalam film. It has broken several records and created a few since its release on October 7. The film is directed by Vysakh and it deals with man-animal conflict.
The out-and-out commercial film became a smash hit at the worldwide box office. Besides Mohanlal, the film stars Lal, Jagapathi Babu, Vinu Mohan, Bala and Kamalini Mukherjee in important roles.
Going by the buzz, Pulimurugan will join the prestigious Rs 100 crore club soon.