Noted director Priyadarshan has demitted his office as Chairman of Kerala State Chalachitra Academy following his three-year term coming to end on July last.
Confirming this, Minister for Environment and Cinema, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan told reporters here today that a fresh committee of the Academy with new Chairman would be constituted very soon.
Priyadarshan in his letter to Radhakrishnan had stated that he was stepping down from the post due to professional compulsions. There was urgency in re-constituting the committee of the Academy as the next edition of International Film Festival, Kerala, (IFF-K) was stated to be held in December, Radhakrishnan pointed out.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“What one can do if he wanted not to continue in the post”, Radhakrishnan said when asked whether government urged him to continue till the IFFK.
Government was waiting for the report of the sub-committee headed by ace director Adoor Gopalakrishnan
appointed to suggest recommendations for the improvement of activities of the Academy, he said.
Priyadarshan took over as the Chairman when film actor turned politician K B Ganeshkumar was the Minister for Cinema in 2011.
Priyadarshan had expressed his desire to quit the post when Ganeshkumar resigned due to political reasons in 2013 April, but continued with reports that Ganesh would be re-inducted as ministerr.