Noted director Priyadarshan has demitted his office as Chairman of Kerala State Chalachitra Academy following his three-year term coming to end on July last.
Confirming this, Minister for Environment and Cinema, Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan told reporters here today that a fresh committee of the Academy with new Chairman would be constituted very soon.
Priyadarshan in his letter to Radhakrishnan had stated that he was stepping down from the post due to professional compulsions. There was urgency in re-constituting the committee of the Academy as the next edition of International Film Festival, Kerala, (IFF-K) was stated to be held in December, Radhakrishnan pointed out.
“What one can do if he wanted not to continue in the post”, Radhakrishnan said when asked whether government urged him to continue till the IFFK.
Government was waiting for the report of the sub-committee headed by ace director Adoor Gopalakrishnan
appointed to suggest recommendations for the improvement of activities of the Academy, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Priyadarshan took over as the Chairman when film actor turned politician K B Ganeshkumar was the Minister for Cinema in 2011.
Priyadarshan had expressed his desire to quit the post when Ganeshkumar resigned due to political reasons in 2013 April, but continued with reports that Ganesh would be re-inducted as ministerr.