Debutante director Jayakrishnan aka Jay K’s upcoming Malayalam film Ezra has generated a positive buzz among the audience with its recently launched teaser. The 50-second promo video packs enough intriguing visuals and it also promises a thrilling supernatural mystery.
The forthcoming horror thriller boasts an all-star cast with Prithviraj playing the lead. “Prithviraj is a brilliant actor and a star. I saw my character in him and approached him. When I narrated the script he instantly liked it and we were on the same page since day one,” Jay told the indianexpress.com.
Meanwhile, actor Priya Anand will also make her debut in Malayalam with Ezra. “I wanted actually someone who is not familiar to Malayalam audience. And at the same time who has a pan-India appeal. I have seen Priya Anand’s work and she is also a mutual friend, so I took her onboard,” said the director.
The film also has talented actors like Vijayaraghavan, Sudev Nair, Tovino Thomas, Sujith Shanker, Pratap Pothan, Babu Antony among others playing pivotal roles. “I was lucky enough to have a good team working with me on this project,” Jay added.
The film earlier made headlines for ‘paranormal’ incidents reported on the sets during its shooting. And even the filmmakers enlisted the services of a priest to bless the shooting location, which was an old house at Fort Kochi, just to be on the safe side.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We have moved on from that. I don’t feel like getting into that terrain again. I get uncomfortable while discussing certain things happened on the sets, which are beyond our…(control). Something happened and let’s leave it like that. I don’t want to instigate anything else,” Jay said.
In Hebrew, Ezra means “cry for help,”, which is also linked to the theme of the film. The director feels that Malayalam film industry has not yet explored Kerala’s Jewish background.
The film is majorly shot at Fort Kochi, which was once home to a thriving-Jewish community. However, now it only has a handful of Jews living in the area, who serve as the living testimony to their community’s long history in the God’s own country.
Jay is confident that Ezra will be a technically well-made film, saying that he had a team for whom quality was of highest priority. Going by the teaser, the film, indeed, seems to be visually appealing.
The cinematography of the horror thriller is handled by Sujith Vaassudev and editing by Vivek Harshan. While Rahul Raj has composed the music, Sushin Shyam has scored background and Muzik247 is the official music label for the film.
The film produced by Mukesh Mehta, C V Sarathy and A V Anoop under the E4 Entertainment and AVA Productions banner, will hit the screens next month.