The anti-piracy wing of Kerala police, investigating the piracy of Malayalam blockbuster “Premam”, today said the probe was at an advanced stage.
“The investigation has been intensified and is at an advanced stage,” an official of the wing told PTI, adding
that they were confident that the accused would soon be brought to book.
Meanwhile, the producer Anwar Rasheed appeared before the investigating officials here and his statements were recorded.
- Rally for Rivers getting huge response: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
- DY Patil Stadium to be handed over to FIFA after September 27
- Remarkable Valentino Rossi qualifies third for Aragon MotoGP
- SHOCKING! Father asks doctor to pay for son's TORN CLOTHES after surgery
- Shekhar Kapur is a true friend, says Anupam Kher
- Hyderabad: Chappals thrown at Dalit writer Kancha Ilaiah, under fire from Vysya community for his book
Besides Rasheed, who had filed an online complaint with police on the wide circulation of copies of the movie on the internet, assistant editor and some other technicians connected with the film also appeared, the official said.
Also read: Premam piracy row reaches Censor Board
Alphonse Puthren-directed “Premam”, which ran to packed houses, which is expected to touch the highest record in terms of revenue generation in recent times, suffered a blow after the pirated versions went viral.