The anti-piracy wing of Kerala police, investigating the piracy of Malayalam blockbuster “Premam”, today said the probe was at an advanced stage.
“The investigation has been intensified and is at an advanced stage,” an official of the wing told PTI, adding
that they were confident that the accused would soon be brought to book.
Meanwhile, the producer Anwar Rasheed appeared before the investigating officials here and his statements were recorded.
- DVD Review: Love, Actually
- Premam piracy row: Kerala Police arrest three students
- Two days after its release, pirated version of Kamal Haasan's 'Papanasam' available online
- Premam piracy row reaches Censor Board
- 'Premam' row: Makers asked to appear before Anti Piracy cell
- Producer claims pirated copy of Premam came from Censor Board's copy
Besides Rasheed, who had filed an online complaint with police on the wide circulation of copies of the movie on the internet, assistant editor and some other technicians connected with the film also appeared, the official said.
Also read: Premam piracy row reaches Censor Board
Alphonse Puthren-directed “Premam”, which ran to packed houses, which is expected to touch the highest record in terms of revenue generation in recent times, suffered a blow after the pirated versions went viral.