After a successful run of five days, Naga Chaitanya-starrer Premam has earned Rs 20 crore in its box office collections worldwide.
The numbers, from Andhra Box Office, stand at a whopping Rs 22 crore with Rs 5 crore just earned in two days. Around Rs 14 crore have been collected from Andhra and Nizam alone in five days after its release on Dusshera. The movie grossed about Rs 6.8 crore in Andhra and Rs 5.1 crore in Nizam individually.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
With screening day collection of Rs 2.38 crore in both the Telugu states, the movie is also said to be the highest opener of Naga Chaitanya’s career after Dhada, which collected Rs 2.45 crore. While the film was reportedly sold for Rs 14.75 crore to distributors in the two states, the US box office number add to Rs 3.95 crore
The Telugu remake was reportedly made on a budget of around Rs 20 crore and the film has been released on more than 1000 screens in India and on more than 110 screens across the USA.
Premam, a romantic flick directed by Chandoo Mondeti, is the Telugu remake of the 2015 Malayalam blockbuster of the same name, which had reportedly collected a corpus of Rs 60 crore worldwide. The move is also said to be not an exact remake but was made with minor changes to suit to the tastes of Telugu audience.
The Telugu version features Naga Chaitanya and Sruthi Haasan reprising roles of Malayalam actors Nivin Pauly and Sai Madhuri. While, Anupama Parameswaran and Madonna Sebastian have been retained.