With a positive start on screening day, Naga Chaitanya-starrer Premam minted over Rs 2.38 crore in the Telugu states and close to $ 200k in the US box office on Day 1.
According to Telugu360, the numbers from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana showed a good reception in Nizam, with Rs 85 lakh share, and Ceeded, with Rs 34 lakh share. The movie is also said to be the highest opener of Chaitanya’s career after Dhada, which collected Rs 2.45 crore. The film was reportedly sold for Rs 14.75 crore to distributors in the two states.
The movie grossed $209,000 by end of Friday, with around $70000 coming from premieres on Thursday. The collections are expected to touch half a million dollars by end of the first weekend.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The movie had a grand opening on the Dussehra weekend while clashing with three other Tollywood releases — Abhinetri, Mana Oori Ramayanama and Edu Gold Ehe.
Premam is the official remake of 2015 Malayalam blockbuster with the same name. The movie was said to be tinkered a bit to suit the tastes of Telugu audience.
Under the direction of Chandoo Mondeti, the romantic flick features Sruthi Hassan playing the lead opposite Chaitanya, the duo reprising Malayalam’s duo of Nivin Paulya and Sai Madhuri. The movie also has popular stars including Madonna Sebastian, Anupama Parameswaran and Praveen.
The trailer of the movie had gotten a warm reception from the fans with the video on YouTube registering more than 2 million views.
Naga Chaitanya’s next film is a home production, produced by his father Nagarajuna that will be directed by Kalyan Krishna.