Premam got a good reception in Tollywood as the movie minted close to a total of Rs 15 crore worldwide in first three days of its release. While the Naga Chaitanya starrer’s earned Rs 8.9 crore in Nizam and Andhra, the numbers from US box office work out to Rs 3.45 crore, according to Andhra Box Office numbers. In Andhra alone, the movie got Rs 4.2 crore in the weekend collection. In Nizam and Ceedad, the gross counts to Rs 3.3 crore and Rs 1.4 crore respectively.
With Day 1 collection of Rs 2.38 crore in both the Telugu states, the movie is also said to be the highest opener of Naga Chaitanya’s career after Dhada, which collected Rs 2.45 crore. The film was reportedly sold for Rs 14.75 crore to distributors in the two states.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Premam in Telugu was reportedly made on a budget of around Rs 20 crore and the film has been released on more than 1000 screens in India and on more than 110 screens across the USA.
Under Chandoo Mondeti’s direction, Premam, a romantic drama, is a Telugu remake of the 2015 Malayalam blockbuster of the same name. The move is also said to be not an exact remake but was made with minor changes to suit to the tastes of Telugu audience.
The Telugu version features Naga Chaitanya and Sruthi Haasan reprising roles of Malayalam actors Nivin Pauly and Sai Madhuri. While, Anupama Parameswaran and Madonna Sebastian have been retained in the Telugu version too.
The Malaylam Premam, directed my Alphonse Puthren, was a box office hit and collected Rs 60 crore worldwide after its release last year.