Actor Pooja Hegde, who has commenced work on upcoming Telugu film Duvvada Jagannadham, says she has been looking forward to an opportunity to work with co-star Allu Arjun for a long time. Last seen on screen in Hrithik Roshan-starrer Mohenjo Daro, Pooja is very excited about Duvvada Jagannadham, which is being helmed by Harish Shankar.
“My fans on social media are very active. When I was working on Mohenjo Daro, they kept telling me do a Telugu film soon. I realised I missed my Telugu fans. All this got me really excited when Duvvada Jagannadham was offered and it came to me at the right time,” she said. Calling it a “fun” film, she said it was important for her to do a “light-hearted entertainer” after a magnum opus like Mohenjo Daro.
“I have always wanted to work with Allu Arjun, and this project had everything I was looking for. Although, I can’t talk about my character, I am confident that it will be very different from anything I have done so far in Telugu filmdom,” she added. Asked if she is keen to match steps with Arjun, who is a terrific dancer, Pooja said: “I’m looking forward to working with him in general. I never really got to dance in my Telugu films, so I’m hoping there’s scope for dancing in this project.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking about Mohenjo Daro, which failed to click at the box office, she said the failure didn’t upset her. “I want to be a part of films that does well. But the fate of a film is never in our control. Personally, I was more concerned about how I was going to be analyzed as it was my debut, and whether I was going to be appreciated for my performance or not,” she said. She breathed a sigh of relief when her performance was well-received. “People appreciated how I looked and some even wished I had a lengthier role, which only means that they liked my performance and wanted to see more of me,” she said.