National Award-winning actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, whose latest Tamil directorial “Appa” has been received warmly by audiences, hopes to team up with actor Jayam Ravi for his next directorial venture.
“I’m in talks with Ravi, and have a script ready for him. The film is tentatively titled ‘Thondan’, and I had originally written it for actor Sasikumar. If everything goes as planned, we might start shooting this year-end,” Samuthirakani told IANS.
The project reportedly also stars Telugu actor Allari Naresh.
- Shivarajkumar to play a cop in Ravi Varma’s directorial debut
- Dhanush signs Sudeep for his next directorial outing?
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala to hit screens on April 27
- Disha Patani may replace Shruti Haasan in Tamil epic Sangamithra
- Wish to make Appa in 12 languages: Samuthirakani
- Jayam Ravi-Shakti Soundar Rajan’s next not a sequel to Miruthan
“I haven’t finalised the cast yet. It’s too early to comment,” he said.
Jayam and Samuthirakani had previously worked on Tamil thriller, “Nimirndhu Nil”.
Upon completing Jayam’s project, Samuthirakani will commence work on his long delayed directorial, “Kitna”.