National Award-winning actor-filmmaker Samuthirakani, whose latest Tamil directorial “Appa” has been received warmly by audiences, hopes to team up with actor Jayam Ravi for his next directorial venture.
“I’m in talks with Ravi, and have a script ready for him. The film is tentatively titled ‘Thondan’, and I had originally written it for actor Sasikumar. If everything goes as planned, we might start shooting this year-end,” Samuthirakani told IANS.
The project reportedly also stars Telugu actor Allari Naresh.
- From Nani to Jayam Ravi, south Indian actors post adorable photos on Children's Day
- Disha Patani is 'very excited' as she bags Sundar C's Sangamithra
- Raja The Great box office day 1: Ravi Teja’s movie earns Rs 10 crore
- Disha Patani may replace Shruti Haasan in Tamil epic Sangamithra
- Catherine Tresa in Telugu remake of Bogan
- Wish to make Appa in 12 languages: Samuthirakani
“I haven’t finalised the cast yet. It’s too early to comment,” he said.
Jayam and Samuthirakani had previously worked on Tamil thriller, “Nimirndhu Nil”.
Upon completing Jayam’s project, Samuthirakani will commence work on his long delayed directorial, “Kitna”.