Actress Pallavi Subhash, who was to make her Tamil debut with Gautham Vasudev Menon’s romantic-drama “Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada”, has apparently been replaced by a newbie due to dates issue.
“Pallavi is no longer part of the project. Gautham has replaced her with a newcomer,” a source told IANS.
Pallavi joined the team of “Achcham Yenbadhu…” long back but since the project got delayed she got busy with Hindi television serials.
“She had committed to a Hindi serial and its dates were overlapping with this project. Since she couldn’t adjust them as she had signed an agreement, Gautham was left with no other option than replace her,” he added.
- PM Narendra Modi to address nation through 36th edition of 'Mann ki Baat' today
- Saudi Arabia intercepts Yemen rebel missile
- Damaged fuel pipeline in New Zealand restored: Officials
- Meeting to discuss construction of ‘longest’ cycling track in Mumbai
- ‘Nek Chand’s art is unique & distinct’
- Brush with canvas: ‘Art of any form must make us think & reflect’
Pallavi also shot for few days for the movie, which features Silambarasan aka Simbu in the lead.
“It’s not yet known who has replaced Pallavi. Gautham has kept it a secret,” the source said.
The source added that Gautham auditioned a few popular heroines as the replacement for Pallavi, but all of them had prior commitments and couldn’t accommodate dates.
The film, launched before Gautham’s last outing “Yennai Arindhaal”, has music by A.R. Rahman.