Producer Pahlaj Nihalani has reportedly snapped the pan-India rights for the Hindi dubbed version of Tamil superstar Vijay-starrer “Puli”, which is slated for worldwide release on October 1.
“The deal was signed last week. Nihalani has acquired the Hindi theatre rights of the film and plans to release it in nearly 2,000 screens. All the versions of the film will have a simultaneous release on October 1,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
- Pahlaj Nihalani on Padmavati row: It should've received the certificate as today there is a lot of influence on CBFC
- Raai Laxmi starrer Julie 2 is based on an actor's real life story
- Pahlaj Nihalani on Padmavati row: These protests must stop
- Ex-CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani: Films still being cut, but no noise now
- Uncertainty over release of Vijay's 'Puli'
- Superstar Vijay's 'Puli' release postponed by two weeks
Directed by Chimbu Deven, “Puli” is a mythological fantasy drama also starring Sridevi, Hansika Motwani and Shruti Haasan.
The film, which has music by Devi Sri Prasad, has also been dubbed in Telugu.
Nihalani is also the present chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification.