National award-winning veteran Bollywood actor Om Puri has joined hands with popular Bengali actors Parambrata Chatterjee and Jisshu Sengupta for the upcoming film “Neelghurni”, a period drama based on the freedom movement in India. The film, adapted from the popular eponymous Bengali novel, a fictional account of the movement, by Dineshchandra Chattopadhyay, will be helmed by debutante Aarohi.
Set against the backdrop of the Indigo Revolution that spread across seven current states of India called the Bengal Presidency then, the film will be a touching beautiful saga of love, friendship, passion, betrayal, war and the final quest for freedom. “I have a background of history and literature, so research has been my forte. I have worked on this script for the last three years. There are so many historical events that inspire you but this one has played on my mind ever since I read about it in school. Imagine a bunch of spirited people taking on the establishment without any support. It takes a lot of courage to do that,” Aarohi told IANS.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
She feels her film will stand upon concrete historical evidence because she has a lot of respect for history. Popular Bengali actresses Parno Mittra, Ananya Chatterjee and June Maliah have been roped in as part of the lead cast.As for the technical team, award winning and legendary cinematographer Binod Pradhan and Vanessa Taylor, the colorist for many Hollywood projects like “Avengers” and “The Great Gatsby” have been finalised. The film will be produced by Poet Lovers and Lunatics Cinema House in association with Devika Entertainment.