Amid the entire buzz around the big ticket film Baahubali 2 and its grand release in April next year, a top US distributor of Indian movies — Great India Films, has dismissed reports that it clinched the overseas rights of the movie.
“News that we have acquired #Baahubali2 is not true, till now it is not confirmed to any, possibility of getting by anyone,” the distributor had tweeted on Monday morning. Although the company has not denied that it is in the race to acquire the movie rights.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
There are also reports doing the rounds that the producers of Baahubali 2 will be selling the overseas rights for anywhere between Rs 45 crore to Rs 50 crore. If that happens, it will be a record amount for movies in India. The first part, Baahubali: The Beginning, grossed more than Rs 5 billion ($74 million) in India alone and became the highest-grossing movie in the country. It even surpassed the gross of Aamir Khan’s 2015 blockbuster PK. Baahubali part one had collected around $3 million in its first day from the international markets.
Actors Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anuskha Shetty, Tamannaah, Nasser, Ramya Krishna and Sathya Raj will be reprising their roles in the second part — Baahubali: The Conclusion, too.
The Baahubali crew including director S S Rajamouli and actors Rana and Prabhas held a press-meet in Hyderabad few days ago, to reveal everything that was in store for the audience even before its next part releases. The movie is said to be in its final stages of shooting with two more songs and a couple of action sequences being wrapped up in a span of two and half months. The film is set to release on April 28, 2017. The Baahubali team is riding high with promotions ranging from the launch of Baahubali animated series and comics to VR experience for the fandom.