Actress Rakul Preet Singh, who has emerged as one of the most sought after heroines in Telugu filmdom, says every actor deserves a pay hike and it should be directly proportional to the demand factor.
“If an actor is in demand, then I don’t see the problem in paying him or her more. Everybody deserves a pay hike in their respective jobs and since I’m doing well in my profession, I deserve what I take as remuneration now,” Rakul told IANS.
She’s rumoured to have charged a whopping Rs.1.5 crore for her forthcoming Telugu outing “Bruce Lee: The Fighter”.
- After Theeran Adhigaram Ondru, Karthi and Rakul Preet Singh together in another film
- Genelia Deshmukh or Rakul Preet Singh: Who wore the monochrome striped pants better?
- Rakul Preet Singh and Kriti Kharbanda show us different ways to wear semi-sheer outfits
- Aiyaary actor Rakul Preet to romance Ajay Devgn in her next
- Aiyaary Promotions: Rakul Preet Singh ups the glam ante in powersuits and sheer
- Rakul Preet: I speak better Telugu than Punjabi
Refusing to comment on her pay, she said: “I’m at the peak of my career, so what’s wrong if I charge more? I don’t understand what the big deal about hiking my pay is.”
Rakul is paired with Ram Charan in the film, which is directed by Srinu Vaitla, and is slated to release worldwide on October 16.
She currently has Telugu films “Naanaku Prematho” and “Sarainodu” in her kitty.