Following the break up of Kamal Haasan and his long-time partner Gautami, speculations were rife that the former’s daughter Shruti Haasan played a key role in their split. While Kamal has refused to comment on the matter, Shruti’s spokesperson has issued a statement to put all the rumours to rest.
“Shruti has never commented on anyone’s personal life and their decisions. For her, what matters most is standing by, loving and respecting her family -her parents and her sister, no matter what,” read the statement.
Gautami in an emotional blog on Tuesday announced her split with Kamal, her live-in partner of 13 years. The news came a few days after some media reports suggested that Gautami and Shruti had an argument on the sets of Sabash Naidu.
Sabash Naidu is a new directorial venture of Kamal, who also plays the titular role in the film. Shruti, for the first time, will be sharing screen space with her star father. The alleged fight broke out between Gautami and Shruti after the latter said that she didn’t like the costumes designed by Gautami for the film. Reportedly, the scuffle got so big that the Sabash Naidu team decided to cancel the shoot for the day.
It is said that Kamal refrained from interfering in the argument between Gautami and Shruti, which may have upset Gautami.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Gautami said that breaking up with Kamal was one of the most devastating decisions she had taken in her life. “It is never easy for anyone in a committed relationship to realise that their paths have irreversibly diverged and that the only choices in front of them are to either compromise with their dreams for life or to accept the truth of their solitude and move ahead. It has taken me a very long time, a couple of years at the very least, to accept this heartbreaking truth and come to this decision,” she wrote in her blog titled “Life and Decisions.”
Gautami’s announcement came a day after Shruti tweeted about self-realisation. “It’s amazing to feel a change occur within oneself – a realisation a moment and the start of a completely new perspective #introspect #live.” The tweet only added to the theory of her role in the breakup between her dad Kamal and Gautami.
A false statement under Kamal’s name was addressed to the media recently, prompting the actor to take to Twitter, where he issued a clarification.
“At this point of time, I am not issuing any statement. It is indecent that someone is playing by issuing a statement in my name,” he said in a Tamil tweet.
— shruti haasan (@shrutihaasan) October 31, 2016
Kamal and Gautami got into a live-in relationship since 2005, a year after the Vishwaroopam actor divorced his second wife Sarika.