Chiranjeevi has so far starred in 149 films in his career.
“A few heroines have been shortlisted, and out of those, Nayanthara is the strongest contender to play Chiranjeevi’s heroine. The makers are shortly expected to take a final call on the decision,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
- Amitabh Bachchan to star in Chiranjeevi's Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy
- Chiranjeevi, Pawan Kalyan come together for the biggest Telugu movie ever, Trivikram to direct
- Nayanthara not part of Mahesh Babu's next film, says A.R. Murugadoss
- Kajal Aggarwal teams up with Chiranjeevi
- Puri Jagannadh most likely to direct Chiranjeevi's 150th film
- Prabhu Deva,Nayanthara open up about their love,to tie the knot soon
While the actress was unavailable for comment, the source added that since Chiranjeevi and Nayanthara haven’t worked before, the makers have expressed interest in this pairing.
To be directed by Puri Jagannadh, the film will be produced by Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan and will have story by B.V.S. Ravi.
The project will be launched on Chiranjeevi’s birthday on August 22, and is expected to go on floors in September. It’s likely to hit the screens during Sankranti festival in 2016.