The release of debutant actor Akhil Akkineni’s eponymously titled Telugu film, which was earlier slated to release on October 22, has been postponed. Its makers will soon officially announce the new release date.
Akhil is the son of veteran actor Nagarjuna.
Regretting the postponement, the film’s producer Nithiin Reddy wrote on his Twitter page on Thursday night that the delay is due to some pending computer graphics work.
“Due to delay in graphics work we are unable to release Akhil on Oct 22nd. Sorry for the delay. Will announce the new release date soon. Sorry,” Reddy tweeted.
- Nagarjuna happy with response to son Akhil Akkineni's Hello
- Five reasons to watch Akhil Akkineni's Hello
- Hello: Rana Daggubati promotes Akhil Akkineni's film in US
- Hello: Nagarjuna and Akhil call it a blockbuster, Kalyani Priyadarshan excited about her debut
- Hello wedding song: Akhil Akkineni tries to charm the audience but he fails
- Hello teaser: Akhil Akkineni is in his best form, shows off action and dancing chops
Directed by V.V. Vinayak, the film also marks the debut of actress Sayyeshaa, granddaughter of veteran actor Dilip Kumar.
The film is tipped to be an out-and-out commercial film laced with fantasy elements.
Meanwhile, Telugu romantic war drama “Kanche”, which was earlier scheduled to hit the screens on November 6, will release two weeks in advance on October 22.