The release of debutant actor Akhil Akkineni’s eponymously titled Telugu film, which was earlier slated to release on October 22, has been postponed. Its makers will soon officially announce the new release date.
Akhil is the son of veteran actor Nagarjuna.
Regretting the postponement, the film’s producer Nithiin Reddy wrote on his Twitter page on Thursday night that the delay is due to some pending computer graphics work.
“Due to delay in graphics work we are unable to release Akhil on Oct 22nd. Sorry for the delay. Will announce the new release date soon. Sorry,” Reddy tweeted.
- Thiagarajan Kumararaja-Vijay Sethupathi movie becomes Super Deluxe! See the actor’s look here
- Vanamagan actor Sayyeshaa to be part of Vijay Sethupathi's next
- Watch: Akhil Akkineni shares first look of Hello, Prabhas, Rana Daggubati and others promote the film
- Is Hello the title for Akhil Akkineni's next film? Here's what Nagarjuna and Naga Chaitanya's clues reveal
- Oppam director Priyadarshan's daughter Kalyani set to make her acting debut with this successful director?
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni, Shriya Bhupal call off May wedding, end relationship
Directed by V.V. Vinayak, the film also marks the debut of actress Sayyeshaa, granddaughter of veteran actor Dilip Kumar.
The film is tipped to be an out-and-out commercial film laced with fantasy elements.
Meanwhile, Telugu romantic war drama “Kanche”, which was earlier scheduled to hit the screens on November 6, will release two weeks in advance on October 22.