The banner behind Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh’s upcoming sequel “MSG 2 – The Messenger”, releasing on Sep 18, has obtained a John Doe order against piracy of the movie.
Production company Hakikat Entertainment Pvt Ltd has obtained a John Doe order from the Delhi High Court to protect the copyright of the film’s cinematographic work, including audio-video effects, music and sounds, read a statement issued on behalf of the film’s makers.
It also ensures the film cannot be shown without permission through any uploading, downloading, broadcasting business, CD, DVD, pen drive and other electronic devices.
- Who is Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh?
- Jharkhand bans ‘MSG 2 – The Messenger’
- Won’t ask for ban on MSG 2 without watching it: Sikh bodies
- ‘MSG 2: The Messenger’ opens in 2000 screens pan India
- Ready to enter ‘Big Boss 9’, but with conditions: Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- Punjab HC declines to stay the release of Gurmeet Ram Rahim’s MSG
The movie has been co-directed by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh and Jeetu Arora.
John Doe is a pre-emptive legal measure to curtail piracy of films through all mediums and is applicable in India.
The order applies to all those websites which allow their users/customers to download/stream films without proper licence from the film’s copyright owner and also to ISPs which make their platform available to their customers to download/stream films without proper licence.