Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is on a film signing spree. Besides, of late the actor has also shown interest in expanding his stardom outside the Malayalam film industry. The Pulimurugan star has now signed a Kannada film in which he will be sharing screen space with Upendra.
The Mohanlal-Upendra film has been titled Kanneswara, which will go on floors next year in Bengaluru. The film will be directed by Naganna whose last directorial venture was 2012 film Sangolli Rayanna. The said project also marks Upendra’s fifth collaboration with the director. Vedhika has been roped in to play the female lead.
Meanwhile, Kanneswara is Mohanlal’s third Kannada film. He first made a cameo appearance in the 2004 film Love and then shared screen space with Puneeth Rajkumar in 2015 movie Mythri.
Mohanlal is currently most dominating personality down south after delivering back-to-back blockbusters. His last three films – Pulimurugan, Oppam and Janatha Garage — have raked in about Rs 300 crore from the worldwide box office collections.
His all-time super hit film, Pulimurguan, has opened up new opportunities for the Malayalam film industry. The film now holds the unique distinction of becoming the first ever Malayalam film to collect Rs 100 crore from the ticket sales.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the work front, Mohanlal is currently shooting for 1971 – Beyond Borders, which is helmed by Major Ravi. The forthcoming war movie is part of the Major Mahadevan series of Mohanlal. Major Mahadevan is arguably the most influential and powerful role played by the Malayalam superstar. He has essayed the role of the popular army officer in 2009 film Kirthi Chakra and 2008 film Kurukshetra.
1971 – Beyond Borders, a prequel to Kurukshetra, is based on the true events of the 1971 India-Pakistan war. Mohanlal will play a double role, one as iconic Major Mahadevan and as his dad Colonel Sahadevan.
Meanwhile, his upcoming film Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol will hit the screens next month.