Even as he is still basking on the success of his last film, Oppam, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is set to give yet another box office blockbuster. His much-awaited film Pulimurugan will open in theatres this Friday worldwide amid huge expectations.
Interestingly, the Mohanlal-starrer will clash with superstar Mammootty’s Thoppil Joppan, another highly awaited film. However, it is Pulimurugan that has been dominating the social media space, the industry and has captured the imagination of the audience.
Before you catch this blockbuster film, here we give you six must-know facts about Pulimurugan.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
1. Mohanlal’s biggest release
The film will be the biggest release in terms of screen count and number of shows in Mohanlal’s illustrious career that spans nearly four decades.
The buzz is that the film is expected to have over 800 shows on the first day, which is at par with the non-Malayalam blockbuster releases in Kerala. This year, Rajinkanth’s Kabali was released on over 300 screens and had over 1000 shows on the first day, while Vijay’s Theri had 805 shows, said reports.
Single and multiplex screens are reportedly under pressure to allot more shows for the Mohanlal-starrer, even as they have to accommodate at least four new releases.
2. Screenplay by Udayakrishna
The screenplay of Pulimurugan is the first independent work of Udayakrishna of Udaykrishna – Sibi K Thomas duo. Previously, the writer duo has scripted commercial hits like Mattupetti Machan (1998), C.I.D. Moosa (2003), Runway (2004), Twenty:20 (2008), Mayamohini (2012) among others. However, they parted ways last year. While Udayakrishna continued to write screenplays for movies, Sibi is pursuing his interest in film direction.
3. Big-ticket film
Earlier, speculations were rife on the social media that Pulimurugan will be the costliest film in Malayalam with over Rs 30 crore budget. However, later reports quoting sources close to the filmmakers, revealed that the film has been made at a budget of Rs 25 crore, which is still a massive for a Malayalam film.
4. High voltage action sequences
When the trailer of Pulimurugan was released, the glimpses of action sequences in the promo struck a chord with the moviegoers. And other than Mohanlal, the film’s high-octane action will be a unique selling point in the film.
In addition to that, the action scenes are choreographed by Peter Hein, who had worked in films like Baahubali, Enthiran, and Sivaji to name a few.
5. Mohanlal shares screen space with big cats
Since the issue of man-animal conflict forms the basic premise of the movie, the filmmakers have used real animals in the film. According to reports, initially the makers had planned to shoot the scenes involving big cats in South Africa, which didn’t work out. Later they filmed some portions with tigers in Vietnam and some in Thailand.
6. Peter Hein cried a lot
In an interview to a portal, Mohanlal revealed that stunt choreographer Peter Hein cried multiple times, either due to happiness from the satisfaction of doing a good job or when he thought he wasn’t able to produce the best of his work.
Peter Hein was so dedicated to this film that he even studied about tigers and their movements for months, watched videos and spent a lot of time with the big cats in preparation for this movie.
Pulimurugan will hit the screens on October 7.