The Telugu dubbed version of Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s blockbuster film Pulimurugan is all set to hit the screens in Telugu states on December 2. The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has paved the way for the theatrical release of the film’s Telugu version titled Manyam Puli by passing it with a clean ‘U’ certificate.
Ahead of the release, on Friday the trailer of Manyam Puli was released on YouTube. Makers who seem to understand the pulse of the Telugu audience, have played up the film’s visual presentation and high-octane action sequences in the promo video.
Pulimurugan had made waves across the country due to its worldwide box office collection. It created history by becoming the first ever Malayalam movie to collect Rs 100 crore from ticket sales even as it opened up new markets around the world for Malayalam movies.
Cashing in on the buzz, the makers are also hoping to recreate its box office success in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana regions. Given its popularity, we can also expect a decent response from the audience when it opens in the theatres next Friday. And even the time is very favourable for the film as the release of many big-ticket Telugu films have been postponed due to the recent demonetisation. So, the Mohanlal-starrer doesn’t have any major rival at the box office.
Mohanlal is also a well-known movie star in Telugu regions, thanks to his previous blockbuster Telugu film Janatha Garage. Manyam Puli marks the actor’s third release in Telugu this year, including Manamantha, a critically acclaimed film. To top it off, Jagapati Babu, a popular Telugu actor, plays the main antagonist in the film.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Manyam Puli, directed by Vysakh, also stars Kamalini Mukherjee, Lal, Namitha, Bala and Kishore among others in supporting roles. Pulimurugan producer Tomichan Mulakupadam of Mulakupadam Films will release the Telugu version in association with Saraswathi Films.